Lord's Own Choir at the Buffalo Gap.

There's this awesome band called The Lord's Own Choir full of a bunch of awesome people.  They do country covers of pop songs as well as a few original tunes. They were nice enough to ask me to do a concert poster for them. Originally I had some basic typography and a placeholder drawing of an accordion (see below). My friend Makenna sent me a drawing she did of an accordion and it changed how I looked at the poster. The type stayed the same, but I had fun with color and shape.

If you're in town, check them out at the Buffalo Gap. I didn't make this poster for nothin'.


typeface used: Strangelove Next
Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

October 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Anonymous said...

Zydaco?

October 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM Denise said...

Nice job, Lee. Changing the perspective on the accordion took the whole thing to a higher level.