Timberati identity.

My dad commissioned me to make his business system for him. He's a blogger that writes about ecology, trees and sustainability issues, with a bent toward rethinking the idea of cutting our dependence on logging. I've made three variations for him to choose from.

The first is meant to echo the height and thickness of a tree and to be generally simple and clean but a little bit light.

The second is simply organized on the front, while the back contains an amusing phrase. He believes that when done right, logging can be a completely sustainable means of production. Therefore, the phrase on the back is a tongue-in-cheek reference to businesses that tout their recycled/bamboo/rock-based alternatives to paper.

The third features a variation on a logo that I made for him, a T resembling a falling tree.

Which do you like best?


Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

March 29, 2010 at 3:08 PM mary_benson said...

I have alternately selected (1), the back of (2), and (3). I cannot decide. For consistency with his website, I think maybe he should go with the falling T, but I like the colors in the first one, and I really like the comment on the back of (2), so whichever choice it is, I think the back should include the comment. Nice work, Lee!

March 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM Lexi said...

I like the general look of them, and the colours, and the sentence on the back.

I don't like breaking up the word Timberati (people may start calling Norm Tim) and I'm not totally sold on the typeface. The email address and the comment are quite hard to read.

The T/axe outline is a bit non-specific for my taste. It might be obvious, but how about a tree?

April 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM Lee said...

Lexi, it's so nice to have other people commenting on my blog! Thank you so much.

I was also concerned with people read it as a card for Tim Berati; I hoped that by putting his name on top people would realize it's his name. The comment on the back is supposed to appear quite faint, like a watermark. It's a little difficult to make appear correctly.

As for the T/axe analogy, you're right. Every day I look at it, it's just not quite right.

April 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

Hey Lee, awesome stuff!
I agree with the T/axe being nondescript. it isn't clear to the fresh eye.

However, on a stand alone basis, I love the organization of 2a, and the incorporation of that specific green as the background colour.

Also, who is this Tim character?
(jk!) It's misleading.

I LOVE THE FONT of 2a.

You're a talent.