Polaroid posters.

For my Polaroid project, we have to come up with three separate collateral pieces. The first was the diorama; the second will be a website. I was having a problem coming up with a third,, but when I really got to thinking about it, the one thing I would love to attend would be a Polaroid exhibition. Imagine walls of a museum simply covered in Polaroids. You could fit thousands on the walls of even a relatively small space. Supposing the Polaroid Corporation actually were to do this, I imagined a series of posters for it. To be honest, I first imagined one poster, and thought of the name "Polaroid's Not Dead," a play off the phrase "punks not dead." [sic]



Then I thought of making that phrase one of a number of slogans being used for the advertising of the Exhibition, which I personally really like. Which do you think works better? Also…any ideas for Polaroid-related slogans?

Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

March 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM micah said...

I like the first one a lot. The second is starting to look like a swastika. The Third is kinda boring, reletively, and I like the idea of the last three as a series but I still like the first one more.

Slogans off the top of my head: How fast can you say cheese? You don't have to shake it but it's so fun. I don't know I can't think of anything

March 9, 2010 at 10:28 PM Lee said...

Ha ha. Yeah, I was telling my friend the exact same thing about the center design. It's so irritating when you're designing something and it starts to look like a swastika (or a phallus for that matter).

March 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM Timberati said...

Or a phallic swastika.

I like the top left.

April 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

I like numbah threee

I also would stick with Polaroid's not dead. Keeping Polaroid central in focus is important. All the dum-dum people walking by don't have time to read the whole poster. they just want to know what's not DEAD. they will stay to read the rest of the poster if they like polaroids.

I imagine stopping to read this on a telephone pole at an intersection (on my bike). I am still reading it as the light turns green. I make a note of it and then am on my way.