Four images of abandoned buildings.

I was looking for a good image for a cut-paper illustration. I wanted something with a good sense of depth, but also nice textures. If you know me, you know that I find beauty in decrepit things, broken down cars, dilapidated buildings, so all this brought me to images of abandoned mental asylums. A few of these are so gorgeous that I felt the need to share them with you here. Enjoy.

Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

March 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM Sierra said...

I love the third shot. In a kitchen? I like how most of the lines aren't straight: the drawers aren't even, cupboard doors and windows are partly open, the lights aren't lined up in neat rows. It has a crazy and askew air to it befitting a mental hospital. But the light from the window on the right and the lush greens in the background are beautiful and keep it from being slasher-flick scary.

March 10, 2010 at 4:56 PM Timberati said...

I'm pretty sure it's a morgue. Those look like autopsy tables with drain holes for blood. Eek.