Polaroid logo.

In my Graphic Design V class, we're working on a logo for a company of our choice. I chose something I'm interested in, Polaroid, which stopping producing film two years ago. My logo assumes that they would reintroduce their film/camera line with a new logo. I have included a portion of my design brief to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Which logomark (drawing) and logotype (text) do you think work best for getting across the ideas presented below.

Recommendations
The main recommendation for Polaroid is to get back in the business of making instant film. There is a market for instant films in the art and photography community and those with little experience with or knowledge of Polaroid films would also enjoy the use of the film type. The logo needs to appeal to these people by showing a vintage, artistic sensibility. The logo should feel classic, but not outdated. The logo should reflect a somewhat retro influence and remind people of the era before they were born. Vintage is more popular than ever, with a number of stores selling only vintage clothing. The new looks should speak to people through not only a vintage styling but through a feeling of DIY. People are currently being extremely economical and are doing things themselves more than before. This hands-on DIY approach can and should be reflected in Polaroid’s new look and logo.


Reactions:

3 comment(s).:

February 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM Pater familia said...

I like the bending photo and the Polaroid name third from the top.

February 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

Holy crap.
this is fantastic.

I am drawn to the 2nd one.
Fantastic!

You're doing so much right now!
Wish i had time to see you!