My apartment.

I'm sure you're all so excited to see what my apartment looks like. Well, too bad because this is all close-ups. I framed these to specifically leave the mess out of the frame. You might also be wondering where my apartments fits into a design blog. Well, we all need to surround ourselves with things that inspire us, and I've tried to do just that. So here are some of the things that I've put up to inspire me.

My collection of cameras, art and photo books and the Art of the Modern Movie Poster (books kindly donated by Norm & Mary Benson, Makenna Lehrer, Andrew Serros and Madeline Hansen). Yes, I do use these cameras every once in while; four out of five of them still work. the books are perfect reference when I need inspiration.
I like to store my non-perishable food in mason jars. I found these white lids at the store, but I especially love the old jars with their original lids, specifically the yellow one and the "Cruncy Peanut Butter."
I don't have room in my cupboard for my pots and pans, so I hang them on the wall.
I went to Presents of Mind on Hawthorne and Paper Zone to find wrapping paper sheets, then cut them down to the size of these clipless frames. The frames themselves cost about $12 total and the paper cost about $10. That's some pretty cheap art, but I think it looks pretty nice.
Just three sheets of colored paper in a triptych frame for an easy but inspiring piece of "art."
Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

August 4, 2010 at 1:48 PM Carol-Lynne said...

holy crud!
i love that palette you framed!
close up close up!

your place seems RAD