Instant Film packaging thumbs.

In my Combined Applications class (all about using the different Adobe Creative Suite programs together), I'll be a creating product packaging. I have to create a series of items that all go together in look and feel. Since Polaroid is essentially dead, I decided to create packaging for a non-existent series of instant and 35 mm films. I have to come up with a logo, design and imagery for the boxes. I haven't decided exactly which boxes I'll do. Most likely I'll do 600, Spectra and 335mm slide film (as they're my favorite), but maybe Time-Zero or other 35mm or 120 films.

Here are the thumbnails for the look of each series. In other words, each these designs are a jumping-off point for an entire series. Here's a brief rundown of what's happening in each one:
1. giant typography that spells out the contents
2. red, yellow and blue vertical bands to represent the primary colors
3. a "signature series" featuring Polaroids taken and signed by famous artists/photographers
4. the minimalist design with mostly white boxes (or off-white recycled boxes) and three lines of color to represent color film and one line of black to represent black and white film
5. ignore this one
6. the digits of the film type, 600, are displayed each on their own Polaroid

What do you like?

Reactions:

3 comment(s).:

January 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM Timberati said...

Use the numbers (not the word for the number) in the design. It caught my eye quicker and when you need film you don't want to hunt. Grab. Go. Gone.

January 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM Lee said...

I've actually already done that. You'll see it pretty soon.

January 14, 2010 at 5:35 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

I like the last part.
but your dad is right.
sellability.
(that's not a word)

you're going to be so awesome!