Alchemy cover.

And just like that, here are three roughs for the Alchemy cover. In the first, I'm trying to make it look as steampunk as possible. I think it needs more wood and dark metal. The second is of course a periodic table, which has a lot to do with metal, right? The concept is fairly thin, but I think the layout works really well. The third is a guy puking up ideas, which (when I'm done) will sort of spill into the letters of "Alchemy."

This is a book, remember. So, the right side is the cover, the strip in the center is the spine and the left side is the back. I've included the vertical dotted lines as a visual guide to where the folds are. I've also included an image of just the front cover since this is how it's going to be displayed.











Reactions:

3 comment(s).:

November 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM Timberati said...

Definitely the steam punk version.

November 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

this is FUN. i like the steampunk most.
you could make it darker/wooden/metal - i'd be interested to see it, but i like it the way it is too.

also, you are AWESOME.
and i woke up this morning and wished to go to Jam on Hawthorne with you.

i'm asking santa for a teleportation device this year.

November 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM chook said...

steampunk? what the hell is that? some kinda new punk no one told me about?