Top 200 Songs of the Decade: 200–101.

I was inspired by Pitchfork's list of The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s to create my own list. I don't have the time or inclination to make a list of 500 tracks, so I decided on 200, which took forever anyway. I slowly pared down the tracks on my computer to list of about 300, then ranked those further, then even further. My eyes are starting to hurt, but my ears are opening up to wonderful music. Here are the back 100, in no particular order.

Title Artist
Zodiaccupuncture Aesop Rock
Wet Floors Akufen
Heavy Lifting Ambulance LTD
Stay Where You Are Ambulance LTD
Brothersport Animal Collective
My Best Friend Annie
Collective Memory Loss Aphilas
New Way, New Life Asian Dub Foundation
Breakaway Basement Jaxx
Like Eating Glass Bloc Party
D Song Bonobo
Imaginary Places Busdriver
Do It Again Chemical Brothers
Bonafied Lovin' (Tough Guys) Chromeo
Call Me Up Chromeo
Fancy Footwork Chromeo
The Light Common
You Can't Hurry Love Concretes
Born Too Slow Crystal Method
Going Nowhere Cut Copy
Unforgettable Season Cut Copy
Allure Danger Mouse
Two Ways Out Darker My Love
Fuck the Law Dead Prez
Company Calls Epilogue Death Cab For Cutie
Title and Registration Death Cab For Cutie
Ein Fur Die Damen Death in Vegas
You Can't Go Home Again DJ Shadow
Being Bad Feels Pretty Good Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Brighton Rock Elastica
Ready2wear (Benny Benassi Remix) Felix da Housecat
Shoot 'em Down Ghostland Observatory
Vibrate Ghostland Observatory
Electrostatic Bonj De Lonj Global Goon
The Sweet Escape (Feat. Akon) Gwen Stefani
Blind Hercules & Love Affair
Natural High High Contrast
Over and Over Hot Chip
PDA Interpol
Black Sand Jenny Lewis
Rise Up With Fists!! Jenny Lewis
Remain Jose Gonzalez
Grace Kate Havnevik
I'd Rather Dance With You Kings of Convenience
Sex On Fire Kings of Leon
6 Days Klute
Machines Do the Work Klute
Silently Klute
Can't Get You Out of My Head Kylie Minogue
Cross Your Fingers Laura Marling
'93 (Don't Stop Now) Lemon Jelly
Breaking It Up Lykke Li
We Own the Sky M83
Hold the Line Major Lazer
For the Actor Mates of State
Miura Metro Area
Kids MGMT
Galang MIA
Hombre MIA
Disco Science Mirwais
I Can't Wait Mirwais
Gravity Rides Everything Modest Mouse
Lay Low My Morning Jacket
Off the Record My Morning Jacket
Drop The Pressure Mylo
Guilty of Love Mylo
Hey Ya! Outkast
1901 Phoenix
Avignon Pinback
Offline Pk Pinback
Clark Gable Postal Service
Against the Tide Radio Dept.
Always A Relief Radio Dept.
Deliverance Radio Dept.
Ewan Radio Dept.
I Wanted You To Feel The Same Radio Dept.
Lost and Found Radio Dept.
We Made The Team Radio Dept.
Idioteque Radiohead
Cars & Calories Saves the Day
Temperature Sean Paul
New Slang Shins
I Got This Down Simian Mobile Disco
Florida Starfucker
Yoru No Melody Sunny Day Service
Speak Easy Swayzak
Phantom Limb The Shins
Sleeping Lessons The Shins
Weak Become Heroes The Streets
The Groove That Just Won't Stop Time Machine
Oops (Oh My) Tweet
Mo Move Underworld
Lighpotllution Utabi
A-Punk Vampire Weekend
Oxford Comma Vampire Weekend
The Kids Don't Stand A Chance Vampire Weekend
I Luv the Valley Oh! Xiu Xiu
Maps Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

September 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM Pater familia said...

I don't recognize any of them. I only recognized two of the artists. No big band? No Count Basie?

September 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM Lee said...

Did Big Band make a comeback that I'm unaware of?