The chicken of tomorrow.

I've been watching a lot of Mystery Science Theater 3000 recently, and was surprised to find that something actually inspired me in the world of graphic design. An image in the short film The Chicken of Tomorrow shows a booklet with a chicken on the cover. The chicken itself is reversed out of what appears to be airbrushing (pictured below).

I did a proof of concept to see if I could do an updated version of this look, and lo and behold, I believe I can. I even added a drip to sweeten the deal. This is also a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator; something which I've been wanting to try for a while now.



Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

September 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

i'm listening to the knife right now.
and white lies.

i love 'the chicken of tomorrow' as a sentence/noun with detail.

how is portland? are you going to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros? you SHOULD.