New bike.

I've been without a bike for a little while, and it's been pretty terrible. I feel trapped not having a good quick way to get around. So I got myself a new one. It's a 1981 Bianchi Nuova racing bike in celeste green. It fits me perfectly and rides really nicely. I had to ride Max about 1/2 an hour up to 144th Ave and I got lost on my walk to the guy's house. I called my mum and dad for directions but was unable to receive help until I found a local who actually knew where Morrison St was. He was the third person on the street I'd asked. Thank Ford he knew his own neighborhood. I think it was all well worth it, because now I have a nice bike with nice parts that I can easily carry up three flights of stairs.

And I can go places. I like that.











Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

July 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

keep the original tape.

that is all

July 11, 2009 at 12:44 PM Peaches said...

Those pedals--are they made for special clip-in shoes? Gorgeous bike! Congratulations! Glad you found the address, ultimately. Your father was busy skiing when Colleen called to say you needed directions and she was without internet, so it took him a minute to call back.

July 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM Peaches said...

And did you change the color of your font on this blog to match your bike?

July 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM Lee said...

Yes, they're called clipless pedals and you need special shoes that fit into them. I'll hopefully be getting standard pedals put on it tomorrow.

And no. I changed my blog links to that color a while ago. I guess it's just serendipitous.