Timberati.

My dad writes a blog called Timberati. It's about sustainable forest management and he talks about myths and misconceptions regarding logging and deforestation. I told him I'd design a favicon for his website for Father's Day. A favicon (if you didn't follow the link is a 16x16 pixel icon that represents your website in web browser tabs. A 16x16 grid isn't very much room to design on. You've got to get across some information about the content of the site, make it look nice and make it legible with only 256 little dots of color.

I've come up with three designs. The first two are variations on a single theme. I'm just not sure which looks nicer. The third is an "@" in earthtones, representing the marriage of technology and earth sciences. The fourth is a "T" designed to look like a falling tree, with requisite shadow.

Reactions:

6 comment(s).:

June 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM Timberati said...

I'm looking forward to finding out which one people like.

June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

NUMBER ONE.

no other mister.

hi dad!

July 2, 2009 at 12:19 PM peaches said...

I think number 1 is most clearly a tree, and related to your blog theme. Number 2 is a bit too concentrated for me to distinguish it as a tree with my age-impaired eyesight. The ax is nice, but could be a gavel, or a hatchet, or a croquet mallet. . .my vote is for #1.

July 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM Sibyl said...

I like #1 the best--it looks like a techno tree. Nice job on all of them, by the way.

July 3, 2009 at 8:51 PM Timberati said...

I like the one listed as the croquet mallet.

August 31, 2009 at 4:38 PM Timberati said...

Hey Lee,

Send them all to me. I'll rotate them around.