Second Home menu rough.

Here's what I'm working on for my Second Home Menu It's going to be sewn down the spine, possibly in a zigzag stitch and I'm thinking about doing some paper appliques on the inside of things like pots, pans, oven mitts, spatulas, etc. Any thoughts?
Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

May 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM Paterfamilias said...

Its cover gives me a good feeling. Like I know that I will be able to relax, take a breather, and slow down here.

For the inside, you might try to match the implement/item to the food on the menu, e.g., BBQ items might be next to a smoking grille. Too corny? Maybe, but the vibe that Second Home has is homespun and unpretentious.

I think your instincts are good.

May 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM Lee said...

I was thinking of doing something like that, yes.

May 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

i like the idea of barbeque tongs. heh heh.
also, i love the word 'applique'!

May 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM Lee said...

Tongs are definitely in the running. That gives me an idea for another phase of the project! I better draw it out before I forget.