Postcard Project #1: Overcome.

A couple weeks ago I had some time to work on a project that was just for fun, outside of school. I've been wanting to design a series of postcards and I think I finally found the common theme that will hold them together. I asked a friend to give me a word, whatever word she thought of and that hopefully meant something to her. That word was "overcome." I had this diagonal stripe design that I'd been fairly obsessed with and thought that it fit well with the theme. I started adding elements and before long I had the bones of this postcard. Colors were added, and when I was done I printed it out, rounded the corners and mailed it to her. The plan is to receive more words from friends, make a card based on it and mail it to them. Then do something with all the cards, like, oh I don't know, sell them.

Reactions:

3 comment(s).:

May 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

i mostly just smiled with my fingers poised over the keys.
this makes me very happy.

May 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

oh, and the rounded corners are the best part.
maybe keep that throughout the series?

June 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM Colleen said...

Spectacular. I love it! And the whole idea. I knew you had genius!