Box it up.

One of the last parts of the GD3 restaurant assignment (along with designing a menu, recipe book and lobby banner) is to create two different kinds of packaging for a product that could be sold in your restaurant. I decided to sell a baking mix (like Bisquick) that you can actually use in some of the recipes in the book. There will be two varieties of the mix so you can decide which you'd like to use. I thought making a box would be the best way so I found a dieline pattern for a box and I'm setting up my design on that.

This is what's called a dieline. Normally it would be punched out by a large diecutting machine, but I get to do this by hand, so I added cutting guides. The black outline you see won't actually be printed.
This is a rough of the first box, which will hold a bag containing flour. The black lines are just a guide so you can get a feel for how it will look. When I print it, it won't have the black outline and will only have the crop marks around the outside.
This is a rough for the second box.
This will be printed on the back of the cardstock, so when I cut and fold my box, this will be on the inside of the box.
Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

May 22, 2009 at 7:50 AM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

hi.
i like blue and brown together.
pleases me.

(i just woke up)

i think that little boxes are super exciting.

and you made me want biscuits.