Cultural candy bar.

One of the four projects I am currently working on in my graphic design program requires making a candy bar based on (or inspired by) a certain country and its culture. We picked our countries by donning blindfolds, being spun around and affixing a pin to a large world map. I ended up with the Marshall Islands, a country best known as a testing ground for nuclear weapons in the 1940s and 1950s. Well, people live there again and it's been a country since 1986.

I'll spare you from the thumbnails this time and show you one of the tight roughs I'm working on.

The dashed lines are cut and crop marks. Give me your input and tell me if you would buy this chocolate based on the packaging.

Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

February 6, 2009 at 7:16 AM Peaches said...

I find it visually interesting--I like the waves, the shadow from the umbrella. I think I would prefer a darker (more dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate) color for the font.

Based on the cut marks, I think the umbrella will be cut off by teh fold, but I think where you have it gives enough of an idea that most people will figure it out.

Are the coconuts needed? I am not sure they really are.

Wow. Really professional!