Tokidoki.

In school, one of our current assignments is to design a restaurant logo utilizing a (randomly assigned) letter inside either a circle or a square. After designing that, we were to decide on a restaurant name no longer than eight characters that began with that letter.

I chose Tokidoki. Tokidoki is the Japanese word for "sometimes." The restaurant is a reasonably priced Japanese restaurant that's geared to those with young children but is fun for all ages. There would be fun names for food items, as well as amusing food presentations, such as sushi rolls that look like caterpillars.

Here are the eight tight roughs I did for this concept:

Reactions:

5 comment(s).:

January 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM Timberati said...

I like the upper left and the one above bottom left.

January 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM Timberati said...

The upper right does have have the bridge motif going for it to make a tie-in to Portland.

January 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM Peaches said...

Well, I like the bottom right--it seems to connote fast food--in a hurry, don't linger too long. But top right is my second choice, and bottom left my third, followed by top left. Frankly, if I had been given only 1 choice, any of them, I would have been thrilled if I owned the joint. They look quite professional!
--M

January 25, 2009 at 8:26 PM Lee said...

Well I decided on the one above Bottom Left. The lack of sharp corners makes it look more kid-friendly (at least to adults) I think. And people commented that enclosed word made it look safe.