Yofty.

I didn't realize that it had already been six days since my last post. Things have been so hectic. I have school Monday through Thursday and work Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I have about 20 minutes before I need to catch my bus so I have just enough time to show you my latest typography work.

The assignment is to take a nonsense word made up by our teacher (Yofty) and use it as the name of four different drinks, each designed for a specific market. The four drink types are: Trendy, Sporty, Children's and Expensive. I came up with five designs in each and then whittled them down to two of each with the help of the professor. These are the two best designs in each category, re-rendered with higher quality. The starred selections are going to be drawn again (even larger) with some more changes for our final presentation.



Thoughts? Suggestions? Piffle?
Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

November 8, 2008 at 2:24 PM MPU said...

I could really go for a cold mug of Yofty right about now, especially the one in the upper right.

November 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM Peaches said...

The Yofty in the top left box, lower image, feels dyslexic with that reversed t, and that threw me for a nanosecond. I really liked several of them--and I am surprised at how much typeface influences the impression I get--I just didn't know it was so deliberate!