Finally some design work.

So it's been three weeks since last I posted to this blog. I've been busy with school, starting a new job and moving into a new place so I haven't really had any damn time. Lay off! Luckily, I finally have a few spare minutes to show you what I'm doing.

We're working on our first real design assignment. It involves taking an image (I chose the bicycle) and one to five words from a lorem ipsum sheet (I chose SUMVENT IN ERAESSE). We take these two elements and combine them with our body copy to make pleasing layouts like you might see in a magazahine.

We started with thumbnails as always and I traced the text adorable old-time bike from a sheet with various sizes. I came up with the ones you see below. Those with a letter beside them were those chosen to take to the next step. The letters aren't really in any order. Don't ask.

After the thumbs, we had to blow up our thumbnails to roughly 7" x 7" to use as guides. Then we had to create full-size "paste-ups" of the chosen designs. Half of them are square...

ABC
DEF


...and half of them are rectangular.
GHI
JKL


Enjoy. And feedback is appreciated as always.
Reactions:

3 comment(s).:

November 3, 2008 at 6:59 AM Timber Beast said...

Glad to see your post. My favorite is C. All are very cool.

November 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM andypants serros said...

You rock. Straight up, no chaser. Well, maybe on the rocks, because you're cool as ice.

ICEMAN!

(coffee)

But seriously, nice work, amigo.

November 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM Sea of Love... ...forthelackofwords said...

I like A F H L most.
in no particular order.
hi!