My first graphic design assignment.

As you should know by now, faithful parents readers, I am attending Portland Community College for Graphic Design with the hope of earning an A.A.S. (Associate of Applied Science) in two years. I had my second day of Graphic Design I today and my first in-class assignment, the results of which I thought I would share with you here.

The professor handed out paper with either a single black or white square printed on it. The assignment was to head outside, find a leaf and affix it inside the square however we saw fit. We could cut it, tear it, fold it or leave it as it was as long as the leaf didn't go outside the box (no jokes about thinking outside the box please).

Outside I found myself a dead palm frond still attached to the plant and yanked that baby out. I cut it up and glued it to my paper like so. The end result was actually well-liked by the teacher and members of the class. All-in-all a successful first foray into design (inside the classroom) I think.

Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

September 25, 2008 at 7:55 AM MPU said...

Nice quality to it.

September 26, 2008 at 7:36 AM Peaches said...

I would have said it was an overripe banana peel! I do like how you laid it inside the box, however. And it must have been scanned--in class or later? It sounds like a fun class!

October 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM Jason Mockford said...

nice. very nice even.