Back to school.

Well, I'm back in school. I had my first class last night, Graphic Design I. It was the usual rigmarole: hand out syllabus; hand out class schedule; hand out materials list. At least she didn't do that thing where she forces everyone to say why they're taking the course -- it was voluntary and I didn't volunteer. Now I have to get my books and materials for another hundred and something dollars. Oh school.

Today I have three hours of drawing, followed by an hour of learning to use a Mac, and then three hours of typography lessons. I packed two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a banana, but I doubt that it will suffice. I'm heading in early to pick up books and my student ID. The student ID might be the best part of being a student. I can flash it at movie theaters, museums and other random places for that coveted discount. That should help until the AARP card comes in the mail.
Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

September 23, 2008 at 2:30 PM MPU said...

What kind of Mac did you get/are you getting?

September 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM Lee said...

According to my professors, I'm not going to need one until next quarter. I'll probably get the basic PowerBook Pro when I do though.