Possible Portland soccer team names.

There was a suggestion on my last post to come up with a name for Portland's possible soccer team. I thought I'd come up with a few ideas for team names. Let me know what you think.

The Portland Beards - There are a very large number of people with beards here in Portland. I am one of them.

The Portland Brew - To celebrate Portland's many many microbreweries.

The Portland Pibbers - As in PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon), the drink of choice for Portland's enormous contingent of hipsters.

The Portland Fixies - Because those same hipsters ride fixed-gear bicycles.

The Portland Bridges - You know, because there's a bunch of bridges. I don't know how many. I should probably figure that out.

Any other, better ideas?
Reactions:

4 comment(s).:

August 12, 2008 at 12:23 PM MPU said...

The Portland Lumberjacks

The Portland Mills

The Portland Hops

The Portland Brewers

The Portland Sudsers

The Portland Green Chain

The Portland Doobies

The Portland Studs

August 12, 2008 at 1:34 PM Lee said...

I said BETTER ideas! :) I like the Lumberjacks. It's a little cumbersome, but it seems the perfect name for a Triple A team.

August 12, 2008 at 2:52 PM Anonymous said...

If an MLS club is awarded it will be named the Portland Timbers. Merritt Paulson isn't going to change a name that dates back to 1975 and that is one of the coolest in all of sports.

August 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM Lee said...

Well thanks anonymous reader for clearing that up in a slightly conceited, ambiguous manner. Of course Merritt Paulson isn't going to change a 33 year old name; why did I think he would?!