I can feel it. Portland soccer.

On one of my excursions into the world, I saw the sign at left. Naturally, being a Phil Collins/Genesis fan, I stopped and took notice. I read the sign, and it made no sense to me. I felt like I should understand, if not at that moment, then at some point in the future. So I grabbed a snapshot.

When I came home later, I searched from "mls 2011" in Google, and came up with articles on Major League Soccer. It looks like they're thinking of adding two new teams in 2011. At the moment there are 14 teams in the league with two being added in Seattle and Philly in 2009 and 2010 respectively. And one might be coming to Portland in 2011! Oh shit! I was ready to root for Toronto. Portland has to beat out five of these six cities however: Atlanta, Las Vegas, Montreal, New York (it would be the city's second), Ottawa and Vancouver.

Keep your fingers crossed for my sake. I'd love to have a sports team to root for in a sport I actually enjoy.
Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

August 12, 2008 at 6:51 AM MPU said...

They need a name. then we can really root for them.