A note on my 100 favourite films.

I thought that at this point it would be a good time to fill you in, dear readers (i.e. dad and Mary), on what this list is about and how it was compiled.

First of all, this is not a "100 Best Films of All Time" list. I'm nowhere near that presumptuous to believe that I or anyone can pick the 100 best films. If I did, it sure wouldn't include Point Break (as a recent list did). These are just 100 movies that I love, for one reason or another. Some of them I love because I can sit down and watch them anytime and laugh my head off (10 Things). Some of them I love because they're thought-provoking and gorgeous (Naked, Stalker) and some of those that I enjoy are really a bit of a guilty pleasure (Outland). You won't see Schindler's List on here despite the fact that I think it's one of the finest pieces of cinema ever made. Unless I watch it again and fall in love with it.

Second, these are in no order whatsoever. I write about a movie when the whim strikes me to write about that movie.

Last, I hope you enjoy the posts and recommend that you go out and rent some of these films. I do truly believe that these films are all great in their own way.
Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

May 11, 2008 at 10:29 AM Peaches said...

Oh, that is funny, the "dear readers" comment. Reminds me of the podcast we listen to called "It's All Politics" where they reference "The Listener" on a regular basis. I had been wondering if you randomly assign a ranking while you are writing the post, or if you actually maintain a list of your favorite movies.

May 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM Lee said...

I have a list, but it's only 93 movies at the moment. I'm figuring out the rest as I go.