A few of my favourite things.

my Rover, a Diana clone

I know that wise men say that material goods aren't...well...good, but some things definitely have meaning beyond their material utility. I wanted to share a few of my favourite things. These are the things I would go for if there was a fire because they're a constant reminder of the people that gave them to me.


item: beanie
I picked out the yarn and my friend knitted this for me over the course of a few months. It's warm and soft and snug and keeps my ears warm. It's perfect.
item: 1970 Scwhinn Continental
This was my dad's bicycle when he was in his early 20's and he gave it to me some time back. It's heavy as well, but it's gotten me around practically every day for the past six months. Plus, it's brown. I'm not sure what I'd do without it.
item: Lomo Lubitel 166U
This gift was a definite surprise, and a perfect gift. It came at a time when I was feeling inspired, and using this camera was entirely different from my trusty SLR. It really got me thinking about each frame in a new way.
item: grey Van's
I know they're just shoes, but they make me feel good every time I put them on. I don't know what that is, but I feel like myself in them. That's good, right?
Reactions:

1 comment(s).:

May 27, 2008 at 9:38 AM Timber Beast said...

I'm glad you like those things.