My 100 favourite films. Entry #6: 10 Things I Hate About You.


10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
directed by Gil Junger
starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Larisa Oleynik, Julia Stiles, David Krumholtz and Heath Ledger
Country: USA
Genre: Comedy / Romance

Visuals: 5/10
Writing: 7/10
Everyday watchability: 10/10

I think I've posted about enough depressing and dark films for now. 10 Things is just pure fun, full of great lines and stupid scenarios. It's one of a handful of movies that I could watch at pretty much any time. I don't really want to analyze it right now, but I will say this: this movie has a very convoluted structure for a romantic teen comedy. Normally, a movie goes - boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back. In 10 Things, it's boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back, boy loses girl again, boy gets girl back again, boy loses girl yet again, boy gets girl back just before closing credits.

Now for some quotes and pictures.

Michael: I have a dick on my face, don't I?

Walter Stratford: This morning, I delivered a set of twins to a fifteen-year-old girl, do you know what she said to me?
Bianca: "I'm a crack-whore who should have made my skeazy boyfriend wear a condom"?
Walter Stratford: Close, but no. She said, "I should have listened to my father".
Bianca: She did not.
Walter Stratford: Well, that's what should would have said if she wasn't so doped up!

Joey: I heard he ate a live duck once.
Michael: Everything but the beak and feet.

Kat's introduction, listening to Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. The greatness of the song makes up for the fact that it's an obvious choice.
That dress gets uglier every year. Are we supposed to be smitten here?
"That must be Nigel with the brie."
World's worst prom dress.
They pedal this thing for a good two minutes and don't move at all. It pisses me off every time.
I just thought this looked cool. I like the school paraphernalia flying off his person. This is also right before he says "Ow, my balls." Classic.
Reactions:

2 comment(s).:

May 2, 2008 at 1:04 AM MIUMIU said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
May 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM jason said...

alice mack is sooooooo hot.